Vertical Communications Enables the Mobile-Only Enterprise with Release of ViewPoint 2.0 and Wave IP 4.5 UC Software
Latest Releases Include Mobile App with Embedded SIP Softphone for Transparent, Fully Functioning Unified Communications for Mobile Users at No Additional Cost
Santa Clara, Calif., March 20, 2014—To meet the demands of the increasingly mobile workplace, Vertical Communications®, a leading provider of business communications software and solutions, announced today the immediate availability of its latest software releases for the Vertical Wave IP™ unified communications (UC) platform. With ViewPoint 2.0 and Wave IP 4.5, customers now have the unique ability to deploy traditional premise-based UC communications along with the industry’s only true, mobile-only enterprise solution – all at no additional cost.
Embedded directly in the Wave IP, the system’s newly upgraded ViewPoint Mobile client now includes a fully functioning SIP softphone that turns your personal iOS and Android devices into direct enterprise extensions with superior call quality for 100 percent, true mobility. All communications are seamlessly controlled through a single interface, along with access to ViewPoint Mobile’s full UC feature set, including secure IM, MeetMe conferencing, visual voice mail, call recording and logging, and more for a complete mobile-only user experience.
Both ViewPoint Mobile 2.0 and Wave 4.5 are backward compatible with Wave IP versions 3.0 and above. Existing Vertical Wave IP customers currently enrolled in the Wave IP Subscription Program can upgrade to the new software at no charge.
ViewPoint Mobile 2.0
Now you can provide the benefits of the Wave IP system’s advanced UC features to your organization’s entire workforce – in or out of the office – with ViewPoint Mobile 2.0. Enhanced user features and functionality in this new release make it even easier for your mobile workforce to seamlessly and securely communicate anywhere with:
- Better-than-cell phone call quality with SIP calling across data networks without the need for cellular voice plans.
- Intelligent network selection with the ability to seamlessly switch between Wi-Fi, cellular data and cellular voice networks for reliable call quality from any location.
- Centralized management of a wide array of alert and presence options across multiple devices – from PCs and desk phones, to mobile phones and tablets.
- Advanced call control features to manage all inbound and outbound business communications with a simple, intuitive touch interface.
- Included VPN virtual server for fully secure, encrypted voice calls, IMs and data.
- Enhanced interface optimized for iOS 7 and Android 4 devices to accommodate the multi-tasking, mobilized workforce.
The Vertical Wave IP offers true mobility to users both inside and outside of the office. With the option to deploy as a mobile-device-only system or traditional premise-based solution, all system users can access the same advanced technologies and intuitive UC applications the Wave IP offers to streamline communications and improve business operations.
Wave IP 4.5
In addition to enabling the mobile enterprise, the latest Wave IP system software release offers a number of other enhancements, including:
- New Contact Center Queue Callback options to reduce call-wait times and improve customer service with ability for customers and agents to select an automatic callback instead of waiting in queue.
- Improved call handling in emergencies with custom emergency Caller IDs for satellite and remote locations, and enhanced emergency alerts that can be sent to multiple users and sites throughout the Wave network via phone, email and mobile devices.
- Ability to create customized Personal Statuses, such as “At Customer Site” or “Working Remote” to enhance presence management capabilities.
- Enhanced compatibility and integrated support for Polycom™ Soundstation IP 5000, 6000 and 7000 conference phones, as well as Spectralink® 8400 series wireless VoIP phones for increased deployment flexibility.
- Enhanced functionality and improved integration with existing Vertical Edge 5000i IP phones, including one-touch access to call functions such as Call Record, Night Answer and Break-In.
- Open VPN integrated management capabilities for simplified administrative support between enterprise and mobile environments.
“We are extremely excited to offer ViewPoint Mobile 2.0 and Wave IP 4.5 to the diverse base of businesses and users around the world that rely on Vertical’s leading unified communications technologies to improve operations and performance,” said Peter Bailey, Vertical’s chief executive officer. “These latest solutions continue to provide our customers with the most powerful, content-rich, yet easy to use UC applications available to meet the demands of users in any industry for a secure, mobile-centric communications system. And we’re especially pleased that users can benefit from these most recent advances and system advantages without incurring any incremental licensing fees or hardware costs through our unique licensing model and subscription program.”
For additional information on Wave IP 4.5 and ViewPoint Mobile 2.0, visit www.vertical.com.
About Vertical Communications®
Vertical Communications, Inc. is a unified communications (UC) and IP telephony solutions provider for business-to- business communications. Vertical’s Wave IP business communications software and systems provide the enterprise-class functionality necessary to deliver seamless connectivity, collaboration and mobility through smart, powerful telephony and voice applications that are simple to deploy and use, while substantially reducing operating costs. With more than 200,000 customers across all industries, Vertical solutions are distributed and supported through a network of authorized dealers throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and Asia. For more information, visit www.vertical.com.